On Saturday 6th May 2023 the UK celebrates the coronation of King Charles III. To mark the occasion Monday 8th May will be a Bank Holiday across the UK.
Many local communities are arranging activities to celebrate The Coronation together and on Monday 8th May communities will be coming together to take part in The Big Help Out; a national day of volunteering for good causes.
Here’s our tips to help you find out what’s happening in your area and how you can get involved.
- Create a post asking your neighbours what’s happening in your area.
- Check out Events in Discover to see what’s happening.
- Once you’ve decided what to do, get your group together using Nextdoor, where you can easily share updates.
- If you’re hosting a street party or a Big Lunch use our Events to schedule and send invites to your neighbours. You can find our downloadable invitation here.
P.S. Don’t forget to check the government guidance on street parties if you need to organise a road closure.
- Need an extra chair, table or cake stand for your event? Use For Sale & Free to find free items near you.
- Keep an eye on your newsfeed for Coronation updates and local events from trusted public services. You can find all your local public service updates here
Monday 8th May – The Big Help Out
To mark the coronation of King Charles III thousands of volunteer organisations across the UK are running activities to give back to their local communities and you can get involved.
Check out the volunteering opportunities available near you in Discover. If you’d like to organise your own volunteering activity use Events to set it up and invite your neighbours to join you!