We are proud to announce that we are supporting our friends, GrownN22, from Harringay in North London, with their fantastic Library Garden Short Story Competition, to put the GREEN back into Wood Green.
Grow N22 exists to transform unlikely, disused and neglected spaces and gardens across Haringey into vibrant community gardens and growing spaces made for and by local people.
They are calling for your children to write nature-themed stories for their short story competition to celebrate a new library garden outside the brilliant Wood Green Library. The competition is open to those aged 14 or under and must live or attend school within the London Borough of Haringey.
So, get your kids to put on their creative thinking caps and write a 500-word short story inspired by gardening, wildlife, and the environment for a chance to win prizes including a selection of books and your very own plant to look after!
This competition has been organised by GrowN22 C.I.C and Future Wood Green – BID and combines books and gardening (two of their favourite things!). The aim is to raise awareness of the new library and garden which were built, for people to use the spaces more, and to promote a love for nature, reading, and creativity across Haringey. Entries must be submitted by midnight on the 3rd October 2020.
- This competition is open to children and has two categories: children under 9, and children between the ages of 10 and 14.
- Stories must be entered by an adult who can give permission on behalf of the child.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the child.
- Stories should be nature-themed to help us celebrate the new Library Garden at Wood Green Library.
- Stories must be between 200 and 500 words long.
- This is a local competition, so entrants must live or attend school within the London Borough of Haringey.
- This competition opens on the 24th July 2020 and entries must be submitted by midnight on the 3rd October 2020.
- There will be 1 winner and 2 runners up in each age category. Each winner will receive prizes.
- Winners will be announced in November.
- Prizes to be announced in August.
- The terms of this competition remain subject to change and the competition may be amended or withdrawn at any time and without notice.
- By selecting the tick box below with your short story entry, you are agreeing to the full competition rules.